STUDENT MEDIA GRANT PROGRAM
A grant for student photojournalists to cover difficult topics in conflict-affected countries
through compelling photo stories
ConDev’s Student Media Grants award up to $5,000 to current students interested in capturing conflict-related issues facing fragile and conflict-affected areas of Latin America through stunning photography. This photojournalism grant is funded by the Howard G. Buffett Foundation Chair on Conflict and Development.
The application period is closed at this time. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation and will post updates on our social media networks informing students when the next application period will be.
- Next Application period: Sept 1 – Oct 31, 2020 (Expected, but might change due to the current Covid-19 pandemic)
- September 2020: APPLICATION OPENS! You can start e-mailing your finished proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 31, 2020 by 11:59pm CST: Application deadline
- November-December 2020: Review Period – please be patient as we review your incredible proposals!
- January 2021: Notification Period (approximate)
- February 2021 (Depending on proposal timeline): Funding Disbursement (approximate)
- February-December 2021: Grant winners travel and implement their photojournalism projects
University students (undergraduate and graduate) from around the world are encouraged to apply, but projects must be conducted in Latin America.
All work produced by Student Media Grant winners will be used by the Center on Conflict and Development at Texas A&M University and the Howard G. Buffett Foundation to advance advocacy and public awareness of critical issues facing international development. All other organizations or individuals wishing to use any of the work produced by Student Media Grant winners will require previous approval from the authors.
Click here to Apply